Finding quality time with your family can be a challenge, but it is an important investment in your overall wellbeing. This summer take time to inspire each other to live better and make new family traditions that encourage healthier lifestyles. The sooner in life we build healthy habits, the easier it is to keep them.
- Introduce “Meatless Mondays” and create a family meal with only vegetables.
- Set limits on screen time. This includes television and all electronic devices. Instead, declare a family game night with board games, a dance-off or an outside physical activity.
- Try something new as a family. Bike rides, swimming and backyard baseball are all fun ways to fit in exercise.
- Let every family member create their own flavored water using fruit, vegetables and herbs.
- Try breathing exercises or a family meditation each night to help everyone unwind to get a better night’s sleep.