Step Up to Better Health
Grab your walking shoes and get moving to improve your health. According to the American Heart Association, moderate physical activity, such as walking for at least 30 minutes a day, has several health benefits. Here are five reasons to get your walk on.
- Reduces your risk for coronary heart disease and helps
strengthen your heart, lungs and muscles
- Improves your blood pressure and blood sugar levels
- Helps you lose or maintain a healthy weight
- Improves your mood and energy levels
- Reduces your risk of non-insulin dependent (type 2)
Try this walking plan from the American Heart Association to get started!